CCCI is a biblically focused church of multicultural believers located in Carmel, Indiana who love God, love people, and serve the nations. While the full time family pastor position is focused on the English speakers, the church is made up of 5 congregations speaking 3 languages. The English congregation mainly consists of young families, couples, singles, and youth.
The family pastor recruits, leads, and equips children , youth, and adult leaders and parents. The family pastor also preaches, teaches, and counsels in youth and adult settings. Finally, the family pastor mobilizes our church for holistic outreach.
- Agrees with the CCCI Statement of Faith.
- Fulfills the biblical mandate of an overseer as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies or related field required. Master of Divinity preferred.
- Fluent in English and experienced in navigating diverse cultures.
Reporting to the Lead English Pastor with accountability to the Board:
Equip the saints for ministry (Ephesians 4:12) by:
- ... creating a strong culture of service in the youth and English adult ministries.
- ... building up parents to confidently develop their children's and youth’s faith formation through providing milestone equipping events, spiritual formation resources, and parenting training environments (e.g. classes, baptism mentoring, growth group resources, discussion groups).
- ... providing supervisory oversight for the children's ministry director, including collaborating with this role to build a vibrant children's ministry team.
- ... developing an internship program with a like-minded seminary.
Preach the word (2 Timothy 4:2) at consistent intervals in the English service in partnership with the Lead English Pastor.
Love one another (John 13:34-35) by providing pastoral care and counseling to youth, adults, and families.
Disciple the nations (Matthew 28:19) by positioning our church for local and global missions.
- Aspires to grow in humility and holiness.
- Leads people and provides them with encouragement, guidance, feedback, and follow-up – recruits, coaches, trains, and motivates the church.
- Demonstrates supervisory skills to provide effective leadership growth and development for children’s ministry staff.
- Casts vision and values for children’s ministry to supervisors, staff, parents, and coworkers.
- Demonstrates ability to preach.
- Facilitates effective small groups.
- Provides Bible-based counseling while understanding their counseling limits.
- Builds relationships and cares for those both in the church and in the community.
- Possesses a history of building effective ministry and active church participation.
- Works well independently with personal accountability and with staff.
- Possesses a proficiency in technology.
- A functional ministry: All members and regular attenders are equipped and serving in the ministry that best fits them and edifies the church.
- A connected intergenerational community: Families are connected to other families and to the church. Youth serve alongside adults in roles that empower their growing ownership and leadership.
- Joyful service and discipleship: Aligned programming that supports families having margin to serve joyfully in the church and to disciple their children within their home.
- A culture of outreach: All members and regular attenders understand the importance of and are involved in outreach.
Questions? Contact the Family Pastor Search Team.